Shopify uses a ‘closed cart’ system which does not allow apps to charge your customers (shoppers) outside of the cart page. Since EcoCart offers different Payor Modes, some of them require the EcoCart Product to be added to the cart.
High-res link: https://www.screencast.com/t/uWyZWUH3EP8T
How to hide the EcoCart Product from your store:
If you currently have a navigable collection on your store which references all products in your store, please complete the following steps to hide EcoCart from your product listing:
1. Log in to your Shopify Admin Dashboard > Click on Collections >
High res: https://www.screencast.com/t/5g62NY7t
- Click on the Create Collection button. You will see the following screen:
High res: https://www.screencast.com/t/J0c0Ml7u
- Select the Collection conditions to include all of the products except the Carbon Neutral Order. To do so, you’ll use the following steps:
- Please make sure that the Collection type is Automated.
- Please make sure that the Product Must Match field should be set to all.
- Use the following conditions:
- Set the Product Title is not equal to Carbon Neutral Order.
- Set the Product Price is greater than $0.
- Click Save.
High Res: https://www.screencast.com/t/IbCoZm2Kr5
- To apply the collection to the store’s list, head over to Sales Channels > Online Store > Navigation
High Res: https://www.screencast.com/t/tyEeJiIHV8Z
- Select the menu you wish to remove the EcoCart Product from.
High Res: https://www.screencast.com/t/dVpLC7M5Kl
- Add the new collections in place of All Products and Save changes.
Need assistance in making your business sustainable? Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org